During our morning independent work time, the students have been working on building challenges. The first challenge was the SHAPE Challenge. Students had to figure out how to make a square pyramid out of linking cubes. It took a few tries, but eventually they figured it out!
From there, they came up with all kinds of cool shapes. They blogged about their shapes HERE.
This week we are doing a VEHICLE Challenge. This challenge gives them the freedom to create any kind of vehicle using anything in the classroom. So far, they have used building materials such as Legos, K’Nex, and Tinker Toys, but perhaps one of them will get creative with some other classroom supplies (hint, hint .
Vehicle Challenge Rules:
1. Make a vehicle using anything in the classroom or something brought from home.
2. You may not take someone else’s vehicle apart
3. When your vehicle is complete, Mrs. Morgan will take a picture of it and put it on your blog.
4. You must write about your vehicle on your blog. How you made it, what you were thinking, any problems you may have encountered, and anything else you want to tell about it.
1. any means in or by which someone travels or something is carried or conveyed; a means of conveyance or transport: a motor vehicle; space vehicles.
2. a conveyance moving on wheels, runners, tracks, or the like, as a cart, sled, automobile, or tractor.
3. a means of transmission or passage: Air is the vehicle of sound.
4. a carrier, as of infection.
Here are some of the great ideas so far: